“The perfect Jalapeno popper recipe! They are perfect for parties, and they always disappear faster than I can make them!
- 15 jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 cup of butter cracker crumbs
- oil for deep frying
- Slice jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds, and pat the halves dry with a paper towel.
- Combine the cream cheese, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese, mixing until well blended.
- Fill the jalapeno pepper halves with the cream cheese mixture. The best tool for the job is your hands! For a solid coating, try to coat the smooth back of the pepper halves with a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture (it makes a big difference! It gives the flour and cracker crumbs something to grab on to).
- Beat eggs well in a small bowl.
- Combine the salt and flour in a second bowl.
- Put cracker crumbs and 1/2 cup flour in a third bowl.
- Toss and turn the peppers in the flour until coated, then in the eggs coating thoroughly, then into the cracker crumb mixture. Place prepared poppers on a plate.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in deep fryer to 370°. Deep fry peppers in batches for 4-7 minutes , or until golden brown. Transfer jalapeno poppers to paper towels to drain.